This workbook is aimed at those involved in the development of others to increase performance. This workbook will equip staff with the tools and knowledge to develop staff to their full potential.
The workbook is intended to guide you through the process of coaching in order to improve your teams’ and individuals’ effectiveness and performance. It allows you to develop your understanding by providing information and then asking you to apply the concepts to your work.
This workbook can be used in association with other titles in our workbook range. This workbook will increase your understanding and equip you with the necessary skills. You are asked to read and complete the exercises in the book in order to embed your learning.
What is covered?
This workbook covers the following topics:
- Coaching behaviours – what are the associated behaviours that are required to be an effective coach?
- The process of coaching – how do you coach someone?
- Communication in coaching – what are the key communication skills needed in coaching?
This workbook will enable you to:
- Define the term “coaching”
- Recognise the benefits of coaching
- Describe the key principles of the coaching process
- Differentiate between constructive feedback and destructive criticism
- Demonstrate coaching skills