The workbook is aimed at all those who have to communicate as a part of their job role. This may include:
- Dealing with colleagues
- People from other departments internally
- External contacts i.e. suppliers, customers, etc.
The workbook provides the theory of “Core Communication Skills”. It allows you to develop your understanding by providing information and then asking you to apply the concepts to your work.
This workbook can be used in association with other titles in our workbook range. This workbook will increase your understanding and equip you with the necessary skills. You are asked to read and complete the exercises in the book in order to embed your learning.
What is covered?
This workbook covers the following topics:
- Communication skills
- Questioning techniques
- Active listening
- Building rapport
- Body language – face to face / over the telephone
- General rules of giving and receiving feedback
This workbook enables you to:
Understand and define what communication is
- Understand different questioning techniques
- Define the core principles of active listening
- Understand what makes up rapport
- Define and recognise, assertion, aggression and passiveness in yourself
- Apply the general rules of giving and receiving feedback
- Apply the above skills to your own job role
Unlimited download and reprinting once purchased