This workbook is for those who supervise or manage others and who wish to get productivity, co-operation and harmony from their team. It is for those who want to develop or maintain an atmosphere of minimum conflict and maximum participation.
The workbook provides content on handling difficult people. It allows you to develop your understanding by providing information and then asking you to apply the concepts to your work.
This workbook can be used in association with other titles in our workbook range. This workbook will increase your understanding and equip you with the necessary skills. You are asked to read and complete the exercises in the book in order to embed your learning.
What is covered?
This workbook covers the following topics:
- Identify potential and actual conflict situations, and different types of behaviours
- Appreciate the causes of conflicts
- Deal with different situations in different ways whilst aiming for a win-win outcome
- Address the behaviour and the situation, not the personalities
- Remain calm and patient at crucial times
- Feel confident to “nip conflict in the bud”
This workbook enables you to:
- Recognise different types of behaviour
- Provide you with skills and techniques for handling the discussion or meeting
- Enable you to correct persistent unacceptable behaviour
- Help you manage your own reactions in conflict situations
- Show you how to successfully give and receive feedback
- Enable you to deal with put downs and excuses