This workbook is aimed at those involved in the development of others to increase performance. This workbook will equip staff with the tools and knowledge to develop both themselves and their staff to their full potential.
The workbook is intended to guide you through the process of interpersonal skills in order to improve your own and your team members’ effectiveness and performance. It allows you to develop your understanding by providing information and then asking you to apply the concepts to your work.
This workbook can be used in association with other titles in our workbook range. This workbook will increase your understanding and equip you with the necessary skills. You are asked to read and complete the exercises in the book in order to embed your learning.
What is covered?
This workbook covers the following topics:
- Your behaviours – what are the associated behaviours that are needed to be able to manage the emotions, motivations and behaviours of yourself and others, both in the work place and socially?
- The different communication skills that form your interpersonal skills.
- How you need to understand other people’s behaviours to improve your interpersonal skills.
This workbook will enable you to:
- Define the term “interpersonal skills.”
- Recognise the benefits of improving your interpersonal skills.
- Identify your own and be able to adapt your personal style of communicating.
- Identify and implement improvements in listening and questioning skills, rapport building, using empathy, and assertiveness skills.
- Identify how to manage conflict effectively.