This workbook is directed at all those who negotiate informally as part of their everyday responsibilities. It is also for any individuals who have to manage more formal negotiations such as contracts and purchasing from suppliers.
The workbook provides the theory of “Negotiation”. It allows you to develop your understanding by providing information and then asking you to apply the concepts to your work.
This workbook can be used in association with other titles in our workbook range. This workbook will increase your understanding and equip you with the necessary skills. You are asked to read and complete the exercises in the book in order to embed your learning.
What is covered?
This workbook covers the following topics:
- Communication skills:
- active listening
- precision questions
- Building rapport
- Influencing and negotiating styles
- Personality types
- Negotiation types
- Negotiation situations – a lose/lose situation and a win/lose situation
- The four essential phases of negotiating
- the four phases in use
- a win-win situation
- phases of negotiating reviewed
This workbook enables you to:
- define negotiating
- distinguish between the different types of negotiating situations
- explain the benefits of negotiating
- list the four steps of negotiating
- identify the skills required for each step of negotiation
- be aware of good and bad negotiating practice
- apply those skills to your own job