This workbook is aimed at those who work as or carry out receptionist duties as part of their job role. This may include dealing with colleagues, people from other internal departments, and external contacts such as suppliers, customers, etc.
The workbook is intended to guide you through the theory of “Receptionist Skills.” It allows you to develop your understanding by providing information and then asking you to apply the concepts to your work.
This workbook can be used in association with other titles in our workbook range. This workbook will increase your understanding and equip you with the necessary skills. You are asked to read and complete the exercises in the book in order to embed your learning.
What is covered?
This workbook covers the following topics:
- Positive, neutral and negative words
- The Eight Elements of Effective Communication
- Vias and their conflicting messages
- The power of questions
This workbook will enable you to:
- Learn receptionist and telephone communication principles and skills.
- Be equipped to give excellent customer service to your customers.
- Have an understanding of quality customer service and how you impact on it.
- Increase your awareness of your impact on the customer via communication style (body language, tone, mannerisms).
- Comprehend and demonstrate assertive behaviour when dealing with the customer – both over the phone and face to face.
- Understand how to deal with complaints and criticisms.
- Have the key skills needed to be an effective communicator on the phone and in person.